Let go of wanting to sing beautifully ... and you'll sing beautifully! "When I sing in front of an audience it is never the same as when I sing at home in the shower. "A phenomenon that every singer knows. The less hard we try and the more we are relaxed, the better it goes! Why is this? Singing is like the laws of life. As I mentioned in my first book, singing is like the laws of life. Do you know the feeling that when you are looking for a lover, you don't find [...]
About krisvanroyThis author has not yet filled in any details.
So far krisvanroy has created 16 blog entries.
Bubbling for the voice ?! Lax vox ?! Many singers know it, many singers use it. Bubbling through a tube is an effective way to relax and restore your voice when you have overloaded your voice or when you are sick. You may also know it under the name "Lax Vox". Lax Vox literally means "relaxation of the voice" and is a voice therapy for both speakers and singers. Bubbling is an effective holistic method to improve the biomechanical and physical process in your voice box. The method is very simple, namely singing or making sound through [...]
YES! Everyone can learn to sing The key question that I must of course answer in my blogs is: “Can everyone learn to sing”? Once and for all I want to shout (healthy): YES, anyone can learn to sing! Or do you prefer something more nuanced? Then this is my answer: 97% of the population can learn to sing. The remaining 3% appears to be tone deaf. (musicality) Yep, you read that right! The 97% non-tone deaf people can therefore absolutely learn to sing, provided they learn to control the correct muscles in combination with strengthening their [...]
#Badass Flow Ball Workout! Idon't look like #badass in the picture with the ball in the air, but hey, what's in a name? ;) The Flow Ball is an efficient tool to train breathing flow & support, space and sound projection. The focus with the Flow Ball is on breathing and by training with this daily, you will notice that you learn to control your voice better while singing. You can use the Flow Ball for voice warming. Training! Stand upright and stable. Straighten your back and keep your shoulders low and relaxed. [...]
#Badass Yoga for the Voice Workout! In this blog you can read more about why yoga is oh-so-good for your sound box: your body! Before you start with the real yoga exercises it is always advisable to do a warm-up to avoid injuries. So what are you waiting for? Get your comfy clothes out of the closet and let's go! You start with this blissful warm-up! Asana's? #WTF? Asanas is another word for "postures", because the starting point of yoga is breathing in a certain posture. Each posture stimulates a specific [...]
A vibrator for your voice as a new best friend! Yes, you read that right. One of the must-haves in my singing institute is undoubtedly the famous “vibrating egg”, read: vibrator. I did not invent its use for the voice myself - I wish I did-, but the resourceful Canadian David Ley preceded me. Um. Yes, okay then. How? Well, simply explained: you buy a clitoral stimulator and use it to vibrate your voice muscles with. The reason that this has not yet been marketed for singers is most likely because the sex industry [...]
Difference between the SOVT-Trainer, the voice straw and bubble! Tube singing works miracles with the voice and is part of what is called "SOVT-Training". Anyone who is already somewhat familiar with the world of the voice has already discovered that there are different ways. Some sing through a tube in a bottle of water, others sing through straws, and a provisionally exclusive, but ever-growing group sings through the SOVT-Trainer. (the latter is a product developed by none other than my husband, Kris!) The history of the SOVT-Trainer. A few years ago I discovered the great [...]
Are you born with a beautiful voice? "AA short blog for a simple answer on a frequently asked question. "Are you born with a beautiful voice?" When "beautiful" means: powerful and healthy? Then you will be born "VAST and CERTAIN" with a beautiful voice. Do read on! A baby actually does a lot of things automatically healthy! Where we as adults sometimes forget how to breathe correctly, a baby actually just does it by itself. A baby breathes combined: with the belly and the chest. As the baby becomes a toddler and child, and the [...]